[Geany] A couple of bugs / features

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 31 15:45:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:05:15 +0000, "Mark Knoop" <mpknoop at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > 1. The commandline option --line doesn't seem to work for me when
> > > using an already running instance of geany. Also, even when
> > > opening
> > Oops. Fixed in SVN r1227.
>
> This still isn't working for me (SVN r1233). Just to clarify:
>
> $ geany /path/to/file --line 5 &
> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
> ** INFO: GTK+ 2.10.8, GLib 2.12.9
> ** INFO: /path/to/file : None (UTF-8)
>
> This works fine, opening a new instance and moving the cursor to line
> 5.
>
> $ geany /path/to/file --line 10
> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
> ** INFO: using running instance of Geany
>
> Doesn't move cursor to line 10.
>
> I'm not sure how to debug this any further - let me know if you need
No need to. The problem is in parsing the command line args.
geany --line 10 /path/to/file
works. So, as a workaround, give first the options and then the filename
on the command line. For the moment I won't fix it because there are
other, more important things for me to do. But I'll put it on the TODO
list.