[Geany] Advanced Syntax Highlighting

Timm Preetz timm at xxxxx
Tue Jan 30 21:39:50 UTC 2007

Hello,

First of all: Thanks for the Geany, which has become my favourite editor
for all kind of stuff :)

There is only one thing that could be improved which I am actually
thinking about, and I talked to a lot of "editor-developers".

Actually I found no way to set the colours for syntax highlighting or
even specify which parts should be highlighted.

As a reference I tried to "dress" any GUI editor like GVim seen on this
screenshot:
http://lucumr.pocoo.org/media/dynamic/images/1748/green-human.png

I think that is just a great style, but I found no editor (except GVim)
that is capable of syntax highlighting like that.

Also tiny things like that the '"' (quote-signs) aren't not in the same
color as the strings look very impressive.

Do you think, this is possible at all with geany/Scintilla?

Best regards,
Timm