[Geany] Recent Windows changes

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Mon Dec 31 13:25:42 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 6:48 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> But what about the shfolder.dll? Should we and are we allowed
> to redistribute it with Geany(dunno about all the licencing
> stuff). Or should we just mention it in the README file with a
> link to the Microsoft site

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but don't think it would be a good
idea to distribute a closed-source DLL with a GPL program.

Maybe you can mention that it's needed, but the download link
from MS is no longer valid. I did manage to track it down to
here: http://tinyurl.com/3fl9s - but microsoft's website has
a bad habit of moving things around, and I would guess that
download is probably not going to be around much longer anyway.

> (I really hope there aren't that much Win9x users out there)?

Maybe we could convince them they should upgrade
the missing DLL at http://www.ubuntu.com/ :-)

 - Jeff