[Geany] Recent Windows changes

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Mon Dec 31 00:00:05 UTC 2007

Nice work, Enrico!

The debug console for windows is very cool, and I really like
the more consistent config path for my lua scripts.

But when I try to run on Windows 98,
I get an error message:
 "GEANY.EXE is linked to missing export SHELL32:SHGetFolderPathA"

After a little googling I found this page:
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241733

The page says:
"To use SHGetFolderPath on Windows 95 or Windows 98,
you must redistribute the SHFolder.dll file along
with the migration DLL."

Well, I already have that DLL but it isn't getting linked -

So here is what I did to fix it:
On line 82 of src/makefile.win32, add -lshfolder to the linker flags.
( Note that -lshfolder has to come *before* -lshell32 )

After that, everything seems to be working -

I compiled and ran it on Win98, and tested the same exe on Win2K,
Then I compiled and ran it on Win2K, and tested that exe on Win98.

So I think it should be safe to add the -lshfolder flag permanently?

 - Jeff