[Geany] Dealing with unknown command line options

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Fri Dec 21 11:33:13 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 4:30 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Yes, I also thought about this but then we have to add
> code to manually parse these command line options.

I am just thinking to leave everything as-is, but just do something
simple like this, before any of the glib/gtk stuff:

for (i=1; i<argc; i++){
  if (g_str_equal(argv[i],"--ft-names")) {
    print_ft_names();
    exit(0);
  } else {
    if (g_str_equal(argv[i],"--print-prefix")) {
      print_prefix();
      exit(0);
    } else {
      if (g_str_equal(argv[i],"--version") ||
          g_str_equal(argv[i],"-v")) {
      print_version();
      exit(0);
   }
}

> It is a just another bunch of code for very low use, probably.

I agree, there's really no reason why anybody would need this.

For what it's worth, I tested some other GTK apps from console:

 gimp --version   # works
 wireshark --version   # works
 sylpheed --version  # works
 gftp-gtk   # works

 bluefish -v # can't open display!

( But I didn't check to see how they do it. )

> Maybe I'm missing something.
Or maybe I'm missing something. :-)

 - Jeff