[Geany] New Windows build

Diego Jacobi jacobidiego at xxxxx
Thu Dec 6 22:12:01 UTC 2007

"Was the main.c opened when starting Geany or was only the project
loaded without any opened files?"
The main.c was not open, i opened geany and i got a blank file and when
clicking on open project, it ask me to close the existing one. So the
project was open but not the main.c

"Project name and executable filename are two
different things."
I was talking about a default appname. If the programmer choose to set one
diferent, then he should be able to do it, but if i compile a main.c i get a
main.exe, and not a projectname.exe. Then, setting a file to run can be done
almost automatically checking if projectname.exe exists, if not, shows an
open dialog.

About the GEANY_USE_WIN32_DIALOG. its nice to have the option. Seems like
the project is very well driven.
There says: "The default Windows file dialogs are missing some nice features
like choosing a filetype or an encoding."
Choosing filetype?, i always have a combobox to choose, but i think that is
called filter. Which in this case is almost the same.
About encoding, most good text editors i have seen, tries to autodetect the
encoding, and allows to change it with options on the menu.
I think that the best reason to not use windows-dialogs is to only use gtk
and force windows use to adapt it self to the free world.

"Open Build->Set Includes and Arguments and then adjust the Execute
field to the path to your python executable as necessary."
The "Execute field" is disabled, but it executes well, i guess that is not
calling python directly to run the script, geany executes it directly.
But for compiling it fails.

"How to do that? Doesn't the $PATH variable exist exactly for that
reason?"
I think that not all the users can have access to change the environment
variables.
To ask the OS i think that will be needed to use some windows files, maybe
rundll or maybe, the windows api, i can check for that if you want.   :)

"where did you set it? This is not a problem of Geany but of your setup
and/or gcc. To avoid passing all this on the command line I suggest to
use Makefiles."

I didn't SET it. The GTK installer does. And gcc is installed by its
installer so both are as they come.
What do you mean with the problem is on my gcc setup. Should gcc always
check on the includes environ?
I know about the makefile, thanks.

Cheers.
Diego