[Geany] New Windows build

Andreas Tscharner andy at xxxxx
Wed Dec 5 14:24:03 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> No, of course not. The r2070 build worked for you? There were no
> related changes between these to builds so I'm not sure what's going
> on. Can you send me one or two example files? If so, please send them
> compressed to keep the original encoding.

I must have been a very lucky guy to try to load exactly these two files
that don't work (and they don't work for a reason). So sorry for bothering.

But I noticed something else: If I create a new file with encoding UTF-8
and mode "Win (CRLF)", and save it, say, as Pascal file ending .pas, the
saved file contains a CR CR LF at the end of the line. I looked it up
with a hex editor: 0D 0D 0A
UltraEdit asks me if I want to convert the file to DOS mode. If I say
yes, it removes one of the CR, if I say no, both CR stay (confirmed in
the HEX mode in ultra edit).
If I open the same file in the Delphi IDE, I always have one additional
line between my code lines.

Is this intentional (the correct way respectively)? And UE does the
right thing and Delphi fails? Or is it a geany speciality? ;-)

Best regards
	Andreas
--

Andreas Tscharner   andy at vis.ethz.ch   ICQ-No. 14356454