[Geany] New Windows build

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Dec 4 13:35:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:21:39 +0100, Andreas Tscharner
<andy at vis.ethz.ch> wrote:

Hi,

> > I created a Windows build of SVN r2078.
> >
> > It contains a fix for the broken Run command for Java files on
> > Windows (as well as all other changes between SVN r2070 and r2078)
>
> I don't know exactly what changes that are, but I am now unable to
> load any text file that has no specific encoding. I have to set it in
> the open dialog, otherwise I get an error on the status message tab
> and the file won't open ("The file <filename> does not look like a
> text file or the file encoding is not supported") This happens on
> Delphi files that were created in the Delphi IDE and are usually
> Windows-1252 encoded files. Is this supposed to (not) work that way
> or is it a bug?
Not a bug, just a random feature.

No, of course not.
The r2070 build worked for you? There were no related changes between
these to builds so I'm not sure what's going on. Can you send me one or
two example files? If so, please send them compressed to keep the
original encoding.