[Geany] is geany_run_script.sh necessary?

Steve steve at xxxxx
Sat Dec 1 04:17:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:30:09 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > > compile and execute commands are always used directly, only the
> > > run command is using a shell script as a wrapper to add a "Press
> > > return to continue" break otherwise the opened terminal would
> > > close immediately. Additionally, with this script the program's
> > > exit code can be displayed as well as output non-expected output.
> > > Why do you want to skip it?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Enrico

The reason I wish there was an alternative to ./geany_run_script.sh is
that it is prone to permissions problems in fuse-mounted remote
directories. A command like "php -f /mountpoint/index.php" will run
directly, but fails when wrapped in geany_run_script.sh unless the local
and remote user are identical, which is usually not the case.

Regards,

Steve

--
Steve Jacobs