[Geany] Plugin Events

blackdog blackdog at xxxxx
Thu Aug 9 15:54:31 UTC 2007

yep that sounds ok. if I can get a per char event
I'm happy don't care how it's done.

i'm suprised with the slowdown you're experiencing
I tried it and it was fine here. to _see_ a slowdown in
an unimplemented gobject event seems like there's
something else going on. could it be throwing some
kind of exception?

cheers

bd

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:39:38 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 08/07/2007 12:47:53 PM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On 08/06/2007 10:55:29 PM, blackdog wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi any progress/decisions on plugin events?
> > >
> > I just replied about the 2nd patch, but I'll sort something out in
> > the next few days - either applying it or committing a signals
> > implementation.
> >
> I don't really want to add on_sci_notify() as a plugin symbol because
> I think most plugins won't use it.
>
> I've got a signals system working for sci-notify, but I think it is
> too slow - I notice the delay between typing and the display
> updating. This is probably because a new signal is emitted in
> on_editor_notification() when receiving sci-notify from the Scintilla
> widget.
>
> I had another idea - what if Geany just sent a new-document signal
> when documents are created or opened, then the plugin can manually
> connect to sci-notify of the document::sci ScintillaObject. This
> might be neater if the plugin only wants notifications for documents
> of a certain filetype.
>
> Regards,
> Nick

http://www.blackdog-haxe.com/

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society." --Jiddu Krishnamurti