[Geany] Plugin Events

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Aug 9 15:39:38 UTC 2007

On 08/07/2007 12:47:53 PM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 08/06/2007 10:55:29 PM, blackdog wrote:
> >
> > Hi any progress/decisions on plugin events?
> >
> I just replied about the 2nd patch, but I'll sort something out in
> the next few days - either applying it or committing a signals
> implementation.

I don't really want to add on_sci_notify() as a plugin symbol because I
think most plugins won't use it.

I've got a signals system working for sci-notify, but I think it is too
slow - I notice the delay between typing and the display updating. This
is probably because a new signal is emitted in on_editor_notification()
when receiving sci-notify from the Scintilla widget.

I had another idea - what if Geany just sent a new-document signal when
documents are created or opened, then the plugin can manually connect
to sci-notify of the document::sci ScintillaObject. This might be
neater if the plugin only wants notifications for documents of a
certain filetype.

Regards,
Nick