[Geany] a review of Geany

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Fri Apr 27 17:49:45 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:46:45 +0200, "Mateusz Mucha" <muszek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've written a review of Geany and published it at
> > http://www.ubuntunews.info/geany-perfect-programming-ide
> > Please drop me an e-mail (or comment the article) if you'd like to add
> > or correct something.
> >
> > I submitted it to Digg - if we're lucky, you guys will have quite a
> > few new users (I hope that's a good thing :P ).
> That's a good thing! Great work, thanks.
>
> You mentioned the guy who designed the user interface. It was an user,
> the first user, me. I just designed it like I wanted it to be without
> any knowledge of any human interface guidelines. Ok, in the meantime
> the interface got improved but the basic design is still the same.
>
> Regarding the browser problem(e.g. to open help):
> On Windows there is a standard way to open system's default browser and
> it is used. But is there any on Linux/Unix-based systems with all the
> different flavours?

I know this could sound a bit like overkill but, if we're talking
about LOCAL documentation, there is the possibility of using the
.desktop files database and finding the default handler for .html
files. I guess there's a bit of code that does that somewhere, with
the shared mime database.

[snipping trailing message]

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.