[Geany] 'Persistent undo'...

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Fri Apr 27 10:19:36 UTC 2007

Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Hello.
> Currently geany keeps the changes when you keep the file open after
> saving it. I think this is enough.
>
> If you really need these kind of feature why don't you try a version
> control system like svn ?
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Philippe.

SVN is very useful in projects, but a bit clumsy with configuration
files, etc.

Another real-life 'persistant history' example:
When restoring a session in Firefox, all the tabs are restored,
including their history. Closing a tab in Firefox and undoing that
action not only reopens the closed tab, but also restores it's
navigation history...

It seems that there is a reasonable demand for such a feature in other
programs. Hopefully I'm not alone in wishing for such an extension for
Geany: "true session save/restore possibility"...

-H-