[Geany] spaces, tabs and saving

Marcelo Coelho marcelocoelho at xxxxx
Tue Oct 24 11:09:15 UTC 2006

Hi!

I've been using geany for some days and I'm loving it!!! It is just
what I've been looking for ages! Great work!

But (there is always a but, isn't it?) there are two or three things
that are irritating for me. I like to use spaces instead of tabs in my
code. Kdevelop works rather OK with that. With i press tab it inserts
always the exact amount of spaces  _instead_ of tabs. Geany tries to
insert the spaces that are more or less the right amount.

But the thing that i hate most is that whenever i search or i save a
file, the folded code and the position at the file are changed, and
suddenly I'm lost in a few thousand lines file...

I don't know if this is the right place but i wanted to request to
position the search results at the middle of the screen and that the
page position and the folded code stay as it was prior to saving.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the good work!!