[Geany] Nested classes in Symbols tab, goto line cl option

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Oct 6 22:19:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:18:22 +0200, "Mikhail Savitsky"
<mikhail.savitsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Enrico,
>
> 1. You probably know this, but just in case:
>
> For nested Python classes the methods in the Symbols tab are displayed
> incorrectly: all methods (those of inner and outer classes) are
> prefixed with the inner class name, e.g.:
>
> class Finder:
>     class Dir:
>         def __init__(self, fd, mtime, name, type):
>     def __init__(self, root = '/'):
>         self.root = root
>
> will produce in Symbols:
>
> Dir::__init__[28]
> Dir::__init__[35]
Thanks for the report. I spend some time to fix this and probably now
it is fixed, but it needs testing. I tested it and all cases I could
imagine worked fine, but I guess there still might be some bugs.

If Geany freezes, don't be scared, the freeze occurs after saving the
file ;-). But I think it should work without freezes or crashes.

Note: the parser works at the moment only with spaces *or* with tabs. If
you mix spaces and tabs, the parser gets confused and will probably
fail, so don't mix them in one file. I think we will fix this in the
future.

Please test it, use SVN r867 or above.