[Geany] libcairo.so: undefined reference to `png_set_strip_16 at PNG12_0'

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sun Oct 1 15:39:23 UTC 2006

On 29/09/06 13:44:25, Americo Marin wrote:
> Hello Rowan,
> I´m having the same problem you posted in the list of uneva when I do
> make pango:
> libcairo.so: undefined reference to `png_set_strip_16 at PNG12_0'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: pango-view Error 1
>
> ./configure was ok.
> Did you find the solution?
> If you could help me... thank you,
> Americo.

From:
http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2006-August/000447.html

"Managed to compile Geany after downloading and compiling Cario and
LibPNG manually (the Ubuntu packages kept failing)."

It looks like the linker is picking up a different (or missing) libpng
to the one your libcairo needs. So either install fresh cairo and
libpng from source or try to find the incompatibility with the cairo
and libpng packages you have installed. Maybe your distro can help.

Regards,
Nick