[Geany] setting compile command is missing from preferences

Bajusz Tamás btami at xxxxx
Sun Nov 19 19:53:55 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:36:49 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:12:06 +0100, Bajusz Tamás <btami at enternet.hu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I suggest to change from
> >
> > compiler=python "%f"

> > compiler=python -c "import py_compile; py_compile.compile('%f')"
> >
> > in filetypes.python (as scite uses it).
> I don't know Python very much, so the question for me is:
> where is the difference between the two commands?
> I think py_compile.compile() is an internal python compiler and I guess
> it is also called internally if you execute python %f, isn't it?

Yes it is.
The differece is: the python %f command not only compiles, but wants
to run the script too. With compile button i want _only_ syntax check
the source. If i want to run it, i can use the run button.

Regards,
Bajusz Tamás