[Geany] setting compile command is missing from preferences

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 19 14:36:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:12:06 +0100, Bajusz Tamás <btami at enternet.hu>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I suggest to change from
>
> compiler=python "%f"

> compiler=python -c "import py_compile; py_compile.compile('%f')"
>
> in filetypes.python (as scite uses it).
I don't know Python very much, so the question for me is:
where is the difference between the two commands?
I think py_compile.compile() is an internal python compiler and I guess
it is also called internally if you execute python %f, isn't it?

Nevertheless you can change this setting on your own in Geany if you
have a Python file open, go to the build menu and choose "Set Includes
and Arguments" and a dialog will appear where you can change the
compiler command.
To get more information about the whole topic, please read the
documentation, found at http://geany.uvena.de/manual/ch04.html#filetypes