[Geany] Load files from last session

Rowan Lewis rowan at xxxxx
Wed Nov 8 22:37:33 UTC 2006

Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 08/11/06 05:08:44, Rowan Lewis wrote:
>> Nick Treleaven wrote:
>>> First of all Geany only loads the last session for the first
>>> instance of Geany, because for more than one instance there is
>>> usually no need to have the same files open in each instance.
>>>
>>> IME, the session loading works fine, except if one file is unsaved
>>> when quitting and Cancel is chosen; then some files may have been
>>> closed and only the remaining open files will be loaded at next
>>> startup. I guess this could be improved to check modifications for
>>> all files before closing all at once.
>>>
>>> I'm guessing it's one of these things that you experienced - so can
>>> you give more information to reproduce this - e.g. what you did from
>>> starting just one instance of Geany until closing it.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Nick
>> Ok, this is a pretty clear bug, what I did:
>>
>> 1. Opened geany (the first instance).
>> 2. Opened a file and edited it, saved.
>> 3. Closed geany and opened it again.
>>
>> The file/files I'd previously been working on where not re-opened. I
>> also looked at the output in the console, only a few notices:
>>
>> rowan at pixelcarnage:~$ geany
>> geany: /home/rowan/mono/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information
>> available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
>> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
>> ** INFO: GTK+ runtime version: 2.8.20
>> ** INFO:
>> /home/rowan/Projects/Unuke/Working/Unuke/Apps/Discussions/Discussions.fe
>> : Ferite (UTF-8)
>> ** INFO:
>> /home/rowan/Projects/Unuke/Working/Unuke/Apps/Discussions/Discussions.fe
>> : Ferite (UTF-8)
>> ** INFO: Quitting...
>> rowan at pixelcarnage:~$
>> geany: /home/rowan/mono/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information
>> available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
>> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
>> ** INFO: GTK+ runtime version: 2.8.20
>> ** INFO: Quitting...
>> rowan at pixelcarnage:~$
> OK, could you send your ~/.geany/geany.conf please? It may help with
> debugging.
>
> A few other questions, to try to nail down the problem:
> When opening files, do you mean from the open dialog?
> Does opening files from the command-line open files in an existing
> first instance of Geany? (i.e. does the socket code work?)
> Also what distro/OS are you running Geany on?
> Does the session restoring work for different files/at all?
>
> Also, I made the changes to check modifications for
> all files before closing all at once when quitting, and removed a
> filename limit of ~256 chars (but this might not affect your problem
> with session loading).
>
> Regards,
> Nick
Right, first the questions:

1. Either from the open dialog or recent files menu.
2. Yep, opening from the command line opens in the first instance.
3. Running on Ubuntu 6.06 in Gnome.
4. It doesn't work for any of the files that I've edited.
5. None of the files I've worked on have a path over 256 characters.

I've attatched the config file, hope it helps.

Thanks,
Rowan Lewis.