[Geany] Load files from last session

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Nov 8 16:54:44 UTC 2006

On 08/11/06 05:08:44, Rowan Lewis wrote:
> Nick Treleaven wrote:
>> On 05/11/06 00:31:58, Rowan Lewis wrote:
>>> Right! 30 seconds after posting the last bug, I noticed this: When
>>> "Load files from the last session" is enabled, and you close geany
>>> then open it again, the files from the last session are not open.
>> First of all Geany only loads the last session for the first
>> instance of Geany, because for more than one instance there is
>> usually no need to have the same files open in each instance.
>>
>> IME, the session loading works fine, except if one file is unsaved
>> when quitting and Cancel is chosen; then some files may have been
>> closed and only the remaining open files will be loaded at next
>> startup. I guess this could be improved to check modifications for
>> all files before closing all at once.
>>
>> I'm guessing it's one of these things that you experienced - so can
>> you give more information to reproduce this - e.g. what you did from
>> starting just one instance of Geany until closing it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nick
> Ok, this is a pretty clear bug, what I did:
>
> 1. Opened geany (the first instance).
> 2. Opened a file and edited it, saved.
> 3. Closed geany and opened it again.
>
> The file/files I'd previously been working on where not re-opened. I
> also looked at the output in the console, only a few notices:
>
> rowan at pixelcarnage:~$ geany
> geany: /home/rowan/mono/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information
> available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
> ** INFO: GTK+ runtime version: 2.8.20
> ** INFO:
> /home/rowan/Projects/Unuke/Working/Unuke/Apps/Discussions/Discussions.fe
> : Ferite (UTF-8)
> ** INFO:
> /home/rowan/Projects/Unuke/Working/Unuke/Apps/Discussions/Discussions.fe
> : Ferite (UTF-8)
> ** INFO: Quitting...
> rowan at pixelcarnage:~$
> geany: /home/rowan/mono/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information
> available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
> ** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
> ** INFO: GTK+ runtime version: 2.8.20
> ** INFO: Quitting...
> rowan at pixelcarnage:~$
OK, could you send your ~/.geany/geany.conf please? It may help with
debugging.

A few other questions, to try to nail down the problem:
When opening files, do you mean from the open dialog?
Does opening files from the command-line open files in an existing
first instance of Geany? (i.e. does the socket code work?)
Also what distro/OS are you running Geany on?
Does the session restoring work for different files/at all?

Also, I made the changes to check modifications for
all files before closing all at once when quitting, and removed a
filename limit of ~256 chars (but this might not affect your problem
with session loading).

Regards,
Nick