[Geany] Geany on NetBSD

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed May 3 14:44:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006 00:25:05 -0400, Aaron Bader <sparked at zadzmo.org>
wrote:

Hi,

> I was giving Geany a try on my NetBSD machines. It compiled and ran on
> both an Athlon XP and my Alpha on the first try with no warnings -
> good job on the portability!
Thanks, nice to hear that it almost works ;-).

> The trouble came with actually using it. The editor window shows up
> black on black, and when highlighting anything it stays black.
I experienced the same problem under Windows. And after reading the
NetBSD manpage of strtod(), I guess that this is the problem. In Geany
I use strtod() to read hex colour values from the filetype defintion
files for syntax highlighting. strtod() is an ANSI-C function, but the
functionality for reading hex colours seems to be added in ANSI-C99 and
the NetBSD manpage of strtod() refer to ANSI-C89.
I have written my own implementation of strtod, wo only read hex
colour values, and using this on NetBSD could solve the problem.
To test, I've uploaded a tarball, where my implementation of strtod()
is used, to http://www.uvena.de/tmp/geany-0.6netbsd.tar.bz2.

It would be nice, if you could test it and if it works, I will change
the Geany code.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de