[Geany] bug with }-matching?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Mar 23 15:27:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:14:06 +0100, Kristoffer A. Tjernås <kt at nupi.no>
wrote:

Hi,

> I installed using your deb-package.
> I've used it for a few days now and it doesn't crash as often,
> but it's still crashing from time to time. Haven't managed to
> pinpoint anything though.
>
> Except I had to delete my old geany.conf - otherwise it would
> crash whenever I tried to enter the preferences.
have you a backup of the geany.conf which causes the crash?

> Random events where it has crashed:
> - once upon typing an end-bracket } again
> - once when searching through a file - upon hitting F3 to
> "search again"/continue
> - a couple times when opening files. One of which might have
> been in use by another application.
I think, they crashes have one reason, but I don't know it ;-(

As Frank mentioned, it could be related to GTK in some way.
What GTK version do you use? At this machine I'm using GTK 2.6.4 and
everything is fine. On my laptop, I used GTK 2.8.12 and there I had
also random crashes, but couldn't find the reason.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de