[Geany] WishList (I can help with implementation if you point places)

Yura Semashko yurand2 at xxxxx
Sun Jun 11 21:07:25 UTC 2006

Hi, thanks for answer.

Here is patch for Belarusian translation I speak before:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/tw-light/belarusian.patch

On Sunday 11 June 2006 21:14, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > 1) Go to tag declaration/definition should use word pointed by mouse
> > not cursor.  Example:
> >
> >    foo()
> >    ba<cursor is here>r()
> >
> > If I left click on "foo" and choose go to tag declaration, geany will
> > try to find "bar" (I wish "foo")
>
> This is already implemented in the current SVN version.
Just check, works fine ;-), thanks.

> > 2) Ability to jump to error line atfer compilation failed (using
> > hotkey or by clicking on compiler output)
>
> As long as the file where the error occurred, it is already possible by
> double clicking on the appropriate line. How do you want to do this
> with a hotkey?
You don't jump if error is not in current file. For example if your curent
file foo.c, and you make error in foo.h you won't jump to error.

"Next error" hotkey (F4 in scite), but this is not important from my point of
view.

> > bar/bar.c
> > foo.c
> > makefile
> >
> > I will get "no makefile error" if I edit "bar.c" and try to hit build
> > key.
>
> (I think this point should not belong to the project management item)
> Yes, this is a problem. Solution: project management ;-).
> Workaround: use make with own target and specify -f ../makefile as
> argument, then make will find the makefile. But this will fail if you
> edit foo.c. Sorry, this can only be solved by a project management. Or
> perhaps you can create a symlink in bar to ../makefile. But this is not
> very nice.
I workaround this problem by specify path to make tool as:
"cd ~/projects/foo && /usr/bin/make" still waiting for project management.

> > 6) Debuger support (I understand that this one is most complicated
> > and unlikely be implemented)
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure whether Geany will ever have this. I don't want so big
> things in Geany. Perhaps after Geany 1.0, but only perhaps.
> Sorry.
That is not important one.
--
Best regards,