[Geany] some problems

Enrico Troeger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jan 17 17:47:24 UTC 2006

On 01/17/06 03:26, Tamim wrote:

Hi,

> 1) interface needs to be cleaned up a bit. It should follow HIG to make
> it more usable. For example, the preferences window needs to place the
> widgets properly with nice spaces around it. There is a problem with the
Hmm, can you please give some more detailed examples?

> "Save As" window. I made a screenshot to show :
> http://tamim.homelinux.com/geany.png
It is fixed, sorry for this, but the dialog with the wrong size existed
since the first minute of Geany, and no one noticed it before ;-).

> 2) Auto indentation is still not good enough. This is implemented very
> well in vim. For example, I tested geany with this bracing style :
> but geany will only do:
>
> int main() {
>    //some code
>    }
Should also be fixed, but it can be, that I overlooked some special case.

> I'm starting to like geany for it's lightness. Please clean up the
> interface a bit and fix some minor problems and I'm sure this ide will
> be one of the best.
I will do so, thanks.

The fixes mentioned above are available via CVS and probably at the end
of this week Geany 0.5 will be released.

regards,