[Geany] some suggestions

Enrico Troeger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 14 18:03:51 UTC 2006

Hey,

>>> 4. toggle the sidebar
>>> Like Opera (Left Mouse Click over geanys left window border)
>> Do you mean to hide and show it? Look in the preferences dialog on the
>> first tab, there are two options to show the open files list and the
>> symbol list, if you disable both, the sidebar won't be shown.
> I like the sidebar but not in every situation.
> So I like to make it apperar / disappear with a shortcut or a mouse click
> It is not fast enough to use the preferences menue.
It is on the TODO list.

>>> 5. Filelist for the sidebar
>> See above, in the sidebar you have a open files list, you can enable or
>> disable it in the preferences dialog.
> Oh i think about somthing like a folder tree like you can see here:
> http://context.cx/images/stories/sshots/ss_file_expl.png
Sorry, but such a list I won't implement, at least not in the near
future. I think it slows the application more than it will be useful.
I will write it to the TODO list, but with less priority, but I don't
want to write a file browser ;-).

>>> Hope it isn't to much.
>> No, but it will take some time ;-)
>> I will release Geany 0.5 next week, probably. But this will be mainly a
>> bugfixing release, with less new features.
> nice to hear - i will test it.
Nice to hear, too ;-). In the last two hours, I fixed three bugs and I'm
going on.

regards,

Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level,
then beats you with experience.