[Geany] some suggestions

headstone headstones at xxxxx
Sat Jan 14 11:21:06 UTC 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:02:32 +0100, Enrico Troeger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

>> 2. Syntaxhighlighting
>> Currently your nice syntaxhighlighting is replaced by a single color
>> when
>> code is marked (ie for copy'n paste)
>> Maybe the colors could just be inverted.
> Ok, I will have a look if it is easily possible, but this looks like a
> Scintilla issue, and we will see. I goes to the TODO list, too. ;-)
I checked Scite they only change the background color.

>> 3. Search on typing
>> I like inlinesearch which mets all occurences of a currently typed
>> sequence of chars
>> have al look at the search in Firefox or Opera 9pre(just hit the dot:
>> "."
>> and start typing)
> My Firefox doesn' do anything by pressing ".", but I saw it in Opera.
> But this behaviour is similar like pressing CTRL+F to bring up the find
> dialog. I can add a (later configurable) shortcut to put the cursor in
> the search field in the toolbar.
The "." was mentioned for Opera9pre I am not that familiar with Firefox.

>> 4. toggle the sidebar
>> Like Opera (Left Mouse Click over geanys left window border)
> Do you mean to hide and show it? Look in the preferences dialog on the
> first tab, there are two options to show the open files list and the
> symbol list, if you disable both, the sidebar won't be shown.
I like the sidebar but not in every situation.
So I like to make it apperar / disappear with a shortcut or a mouse click
It is not fast enough to use the preferences menue.

>> 5. Filelist for the sidebar
> See above, in the sidebar you have a open files list, you can enable or
> disable it in the preferences dialog.
Oh i think about somthing like a folder tree like you can see here:
http://context.cx/images/stories/sshots/ss_file_expl.png

>> Hope it isn't to much.
> No, but it will take some time ;-)
> I will release Geany 0.5 next week, probably. But this will be mainly a
> bugfixing release, with less new features.
nice to hear - i will test it.

> Then I have to prepare to the
> term examinations and then I will reduce the TODO list. So, please be
> patient ;-).
It is your baby - it is your time --> it is your decision.
I am used to debian: "it is done when it is done" :-)

Cu  Sebastian