[Geany] Ferite Support

Rowan Lewis rowan at xxxxx
Thu Aug 31 03:45:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 19:43 +0200, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:25:26 +0930, Rowan Lewis
> <rowan at pixelcarnage.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I talked with Frank Lanitz briefly about this, but I'm working in a
> > little known language called Ferite (www.ferite.org), and there isn't
> > really any decent IDE support for it, anywhere.
> Since r765 Ferite is supported.
>
> > Anyhow, he suggested that I gave you some idea of the syntax:

> > Anyhow, if you can give me some idea of what to do, or what else you
> > might need I'd be great full to hear back.
> Test, test and test it ;-), because I don't know the language(just had
> a short look in the manual), it needs testing. I know, the parser for
> the tagmanager is still not perfect(it's the parser used for C++ with
> small modifications).
>
> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key

Hello,

Managed to compile Geany after downloading and compiling Cario and
LibPNG manually (the Ubuntu packages kept failing).

Thanks for doing this, it is really appreciated, and its something
special: the first IDE to have official support for ferite.

I've made a few changes in the filetype file:

1. The ferite doc keywords would only parse if you prefixed them with a
   double @ sign, so I stripped the @ signs off, and it worked.
2. I forgot to supply a list of primitives, which are essentially pre
   packaged namespaces:
   XML Unix Sys.env Sys String Stream Serialize RMI RMI.error Posix
   Number Network.Unix Network.UDP Network.TCP Network Math FileSystem
   Console Array
3. The compiler options needed a small change, to be more verbose.

I've attached a copy of my filetype.ferite file, which also contains an
alternative set of colours, so beware.

There is just one thing I'd like to see support for: It would be nice to
treat namespaces the same way classes are.

Oh, and its worth noting that in ferite, comments can contain comments,
so this is actually valid:

/*
* New Comment
* /*Old Comment*/