[Geany] Removed old FIFO code

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Wed Aug 30 19:09:45 UTC 2006

2006/8/30, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:52:42 -0300, "Alexandre Moreira"
> <alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2006/8/30, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> > > There is one side effect in changing the code which is actually a
> > > big advantage:
> > > these sockets are also available under Windows through the
> > > Mutex system. (The code exists, but isn't tested yet. It is copied
> > > from the Sylpheed sources, thanks)
> >
> > Hmmm I haven't read that before, and it is a big WOW if it does work
> > but... can you point me anywhere to read about this way of making
> > AF_UNIX available in Windows ? because that is just contrary to any
> > information I was able to google for (perhaps I don't know the magic
> > words, though).
> Please read the code completely:

Sorry, I can't really access it here from work... they loaded a lot of
firewall rules lately :(

> socket_fd_connect_unix() is only used for Unix-like systems, for
> Windows socket_fd_connect_inet() will be used.

We will have to take a good look at this approach on using inet
sockets on windows, since these XP's (and probably Vista) come with a
noisy firewall these days...some users would be scared to see their
IDE being flagged as trying to open an inbound connection... would
sound like a backdoor or something.