[Geany] Removed old FIFO code

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Aug 30 19:09:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:52:42 -0300, "Alexandre Moreira"
<alexandream at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/8/30, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> > There is one side effect in changing the code which is actually a
> > big advantage:
> > these sockets are also available under Windows through the
> > Mutex system. (The code exists, but isn't tested yet. It is copied
> > from the Sylpheed sources, thanks)
>
> Hmmm I haven't read that before, and it is a big WOW if it does work
> but... can you point me anywhere to read about this way of making
> AF_UNIX available in Windows ? because that is just contrary to any
> information I was able to google for (perhaps I don't know the magic
> words, though).
Please read the code completely:
socket_fd_connect_unix() is only used for Unix-like systems, for
Windows socket_fd_connect_inet() will be used.

And as I mentioned before, I didn't test it yet under Windows.

Have to go now, will answer more verbosely tomorrow.