[Geany] Removed old FIFO code

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Wed Aug 30 18:46:05 UTC 2006

2006/8/30, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> Hi folks,
>
> good news today:
>
> I just removed the code for handling the FIFO to detect a running
> instance. It never worked as it should and as I imagined it.
>
> Now, we use Unix Domain Sockets. So, the annoying dialog after a crash
> isn't necessary anymore. Geany detects whether an instance is running
> and if not, it starts a new one. If an instance is running, it opens
> all files specified on the command line within this instance,
> deiconifies the window and gets the focus to the running instance.

That is REALLY good news!!! That dialog was really annoying (at least to me).

just out of curiosity, though: is it at all possible to have two
instances running and have new files being opened in the most recent
one ? (much like Firefox's behavior of "open in the most recent
window")

I really think it won't be possible, and it should not be a big deal
anyways. Just wanted to be sure, as I can't test it right now and I'm
anxious, lol.

> Regards,
> Enrico

Regards,