[Geany] german ä,ü,ö displayed wrong

Enrico Troeger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 25 22:16:19 UTC 2005

Thomas Funk schrieb am 25.12.2005 14:04:
> Hi all,
Hi Thomas,

> I hve the following problem:
>
> on my Debian system (Etch) geany creates instead of ä,ö,ü, etc strange characters - e.g. for ä À
> Are there any problems with my locale settings? On Kate or other editors all works fine :(
Geany actual has problems with encodings other than UTF-8. I will work
on this for the next release. But perhabs you can convert your documents
into the UTF-8 encoding in the meantime and so Geany should not have
problems anymore.

By the way: your locale settings doesn't matter in this case.

regards,