[Geany-i18n] Translator list

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu May 9 00:34:40 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-08 11:11 a.m., Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid this part of source is not very well maintained during the
> last years. We got a huge number of contributors for translations --
> huge thanks! It's always amazing -- but keeping THANKS and about.c
> up2date was harder than we originally thought, when we introduced this.
> Well -- I'm open for ideas to change it.

The list could be updated by using the Git log, for example:

git log --pretty=format:"%an" *.po | sort -u

It might take some massaging to eliminate the same person using
different names/spellings or nick names, but it probably wouldn't be
that hard (the list is fairly short).

The procedure to get one's self listed in the About dialog could simply
be that you provide Git patches with your real, full name, or whoever
commits the changes uses the --author option to add the name when doing
the commit.

Just an idea.

Regards,
Matthew Brush