[Geany-i18n] Greek translation of Geany

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Jun 26 12:26:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 26/06/2016 à 10:02, Michael Misirlis a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> attached you can find an updated Greek translation of Geany (100%).
>
> This is based on the file that was found today 26/June/2016 on the
> page http://i18n.geany.org/.
>
> I also have a question. What is the meaning of the string
> "Text;Editor;" ?

It is the value of the Desktop Entry key `Keywords`, a
semicolon-separate list of keywords used to find the application in
menus and stuff like that (e.g. in GNOME-Shell's application search panel).

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html
states:

> A list of strings which may be used in addition to other metadata to
> describe this entry. This can be useful e.g. to facilitate searching
> through entries. The values are not meant for display, and should not
> be redundant with the values of Name or GenericName.

You might want to steal the translations from GEdit if you're not sure,
maybe they did it right (or maybe not).  They have:

> Text;Editor;κείμενο;επεξεργαστής;

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to keep the English version there, but
if Greek programmers often type in English it can indeed make sense.

Hope this helps.
Colomban