[Geany-i18n] Update of Dutch translation and some remarks

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Apr 30 22:40:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:08:04 +0200
Peter Scholtens <peter.scholtens at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> 2) I noticed lots of collisions of the accelerator keys in the
> pulldown menu after choosing "Edit -> Commands -> ".
> _Cut / _Copy ?
> _Delete / _Duplicate ?
> _Select line / _Select paragraph / _Send sel to term ?
> _Move lines up / _Move lines down ?

These should be corrected in current master.

> 3) To increase clarity I would suggest to use the verb "Create"
> instead of "Open" or "Start" in the following strings:

> #: ../data/geany.glade.h:226
> msgid "Open new documents from the command-line"
> My suggestion: "Create new documents from the command-line"
>
> #: ../data/geany.glade.h:227
> msgid "Start a new file for each command-line filename that doesn't
> exist"
> My suggestion: "Create a new file for each command-line filename that
> doesn't exist"

I only applied the second suggestion as the first looks fine to me.

> 4) In the filebrowser two options to open a file are given. Wouldn't
> it be more clear to have two options "Open in Geany" or "Open with
> alternative browser" ?

I just updated the first string formally know as plain open. The second
one is to long IMHO.

However, huge thanks for you findings. Really glad to have some good
eyes aboard ;)

Cheers,
Frank