[Geany-i18n] ANN: String freeze for Geany 0.19

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 25 20:15:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 19:13:58 +0200, Frank wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2010 15:42:39 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 May 2010 11:24:55 +0200, Lucas wrote:
> >
> > >   Hi again,
> > >   I was just checking this last translation with tonight's nightly
> > > build and I wondered how the "Credits" section (in "Help/About")
> > > was updated. In other projects I have translated there's usually a
> > > "translator-credits" msgid in the po file that automatically
> > > appears in the about dialog, but in Geany I guess this
> > > information comes from
> >
> > we could this as well in Geany. Then only the translator credits of
> > the currently active translation are shown and not all.
> > I don't mind, translators raise your voice!  :)
>
> Even its a bit more work I don't think its worth to implement

It's actually far less work than the current way.

> something which is reading it out of the po files or some other
> file(s) as this might will cause different issues beside just

No, Lucas' idea was not to parse information from somewhere but instead
simply add a string like _("Translator credits") to the About dialog
and this string is translated by something like "Frank Lanitz
<frank at ...de>", i.e. each translator adds his own name & email address
in this string. This way, the string is always translated with the
credits of the translator(s) of the currently used locale, not of all.

So, the work for keeping it up2date and correct isn't our job anymore
but the job of the translators :).