[Geany-i18n] wondering about help translation

Lucas Vieites lucasvieites at xxxxx
Sun Apr 11 18:37:43 UTC 2010

Hi, using CAT software like OmegaT makes keeping a translation of an html
updated very easy.

El 11/04/2010 15:52, "Enrico Tröger" <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> escribió:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 01:02:45 +0200, Dominic wrote:

>Am Samstag, den 10.04.2010, 19:11 +0200 schrieb...
This would be the easiest way. Though it might be not that easy for
translators to keep their translations up2date. The geany.txt in SVN
changes from time to time when we add/change things. Not sure how busy
translators would be keeping their copies up2date.
This is way easier for normal translations of code as msgfmt and
intltool manage the changes and merge them into the translations.
Though, for a whole documentation this won't work and that's why I
never considered it a good idea to translate documentation. Not that it
wouldn't be useful but the risk of outdated or inconsistent
translations is too high if translators loose interest, time or
whatever to keep it up2date.

>Maybe the current geany.txt could be renamed to geany-en.txt so that
>the geany.txt will be the i...
I don't see any reason why and so I'd rather keep the "original",
English version at geany.txt.
I didn't get the whole "index file" thing. Are you talking about
webservers?

>Translators could just begin to write their geany-cc.txt and send it to
>Frank or this list, and ...
I fully agree here.