[Geany-i18n] Russian translation of some strings is wrong (and some other proposals)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed May 14 21:45:53 UTC 2008

Hi stat.c

On Mon, 12 May 2008 13:59:34 +0400
"stat.c" <Static-Const at yandex.ru> wrote:

> In the main menu 'Edit' is usually translated to 'Правка', not to
> 'Редактирование'. In the context of programming to 'Build'  must be
> translated to 'Сборка', not to 'Построить' and 'Compile' means
> 'Скомпилировать', not 'Собрать'.
>
> Also, why some menu items does not have access keys (e.g., 'Поиск')
> while some have them (e.g., 'Файл')?
>
> Also, it seems to me that 'Команды сборки...' is more pleasant than
> 'Установить Включения и Аргументы'.

I've forwarded your suggestions to the maintainers of Russian
translation, since I can't say, which translation is the better one.
After a OK of them, I'll update the translation files. Meanwhile,
thanks for your mail.

> P.S. Can I write in Russian here when speaking about the Russian
> translation?

In most cases English should be the first choice on this list, but from
time to time Russian should be also ok (IMHO).

Regards,
Frank

--
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>