[Geany-Devel] Create project files from within a plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Feb 18 21:05:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-18 10:52 AM, Lars Paulsen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> is there a API for plugins which lets a plugin create project files and
> fill in some values?
>
> I do NOT want to add plugin specific data to an existing project.
>
> I want to create a new project with some meaningful data (the
> fields/values of geany's own project data).
> After that I would add plugin specific data to it.

Hi,

There is nothing in the API for this as far as I know. You could just
write your own keyfile, and open that. If you wanted to open it
programmatically you would have to expose a function like maybe
`project_load_file_with_session`[0] in the plugin API.

[0]: https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/src/project.c#L268