[Geany-Devel] Fwd: Updating Geany doesn't update user's filetypes files

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Jun 25 22:03:16 UTC 2017

On 25.06.2017 23:48, Abel wrote:
> I've recently updated Geany from 1.29 to 1.30.1 through the unofficial
> ppa <https://launchpad.net/%7Egeany-dev/+archive/ubuntu/ppa>, Geany
> seems to be updated correctly but the filetypes configuration files
> located in ~/.config/geany/filedefs haven't got updated whereas
> /usr/share/geany/filedefs has.
>
> How can I get my local user config files updated as well when updating
> Geany? Is there any automatic way?

Short answer: I'm afraid you have to do it on your own.

A little --verbose:
Geany stores custom configuration inside ~/.config/geany. In case of
filedefs this typically includes changed commands for a particular
programming language. Due to this fact, these files are not updated to
keep user's changes.

Which configuration in detail did you expect to be updated?

Cheers,
Frank