[Geany-Devel] Fwd: Updating Geany doesn't update user's filetypes files

Abel akronix5 at xxxxx
Sun Jun 25 21:48:51 UTC 2017

I forward this mail to the devs list since nobody is accepting me for the
users one :(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Abel <akronix5 at gmail.com>
Date: 23 June 2017 at 11:20
Subject: Updating Geany doesn't update user's filetypes files
To: Geany general discussion list <users at lists.geany.org>

Hi.

I've recently updated Geany from 1.29 to 1.30.1 through the unofficial ppa
<https://launchpad.net/%7Egeany-dev/+archive/ubuntu/ppa>, Geany seems to be
updated correctly but the filetypes configuration files located in
~/.config/geany/filedefs haven't got updated whereas
/usr/share/geany/filedefs has.

How can I get my local user config files updated as well when updating
Geany? Is there any automatic way?

*Greetings,*

*                                                        Abel.*