[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Mar 23 14:21:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here are new Windows installers for testing.
> They are built from GIT master and this time against GTK3.
>
> There are two reasons for this:
> - test Geany+GTK3 more on Windows
> - there seems to be a bug in GTK2 on Windows with that very high
> DPI/resolutions: on text input widgets (GTK ones and the Scintilla
> widget) the mouse cursor gets very tiny.
> This doesn't happen with GTK3.
> Jiří showed me the bug and he knows more about the details.

Hi Enrico,

nice - the mouse problem is solved in Gtk 3 for me but I think not so many
users have an HiDPI screen so it's not so important. And if there are some
more important problems with Gtk 3, better to stick with Gtk 2 for now.

Some problems I noticed with the Gtk 3 build:
- any file dialog like File->Open, Project->open, File->Save as etc.
crashes Geany on my machine
- there's a bit strange shadow around the tooltips - see the attached
screenshot
- the Adwaita theme is just ugly (on any platform). Is there any Windows
native-like theme for Gtk 3 (the one used for Gtk 2 builds is pretty good
in this respect).

Cheers,

Jiri

- [image: Inline image 1]