[Geany-Devel] [FT-plugins] Allowing plugins to supply filetype specific functionality

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Aug 27 10:16:17 UTC 2016

Le 27/08/2016 à 02:32, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> […]
>>> Allow plugins to provide syntax highlight.
>>
>> Probably sufficient for Geany to support "container lexers" and
>> flick-pass it to plugins.  But then the plugins probably have to have
>> a way to define styles similar to how `highlightmappings.h` is used
>> for included lexers.
>>

> It might be better to provide some kind of interface for this if we go
> the container lexer route to make it less crazy to implement. The
> dynamic lexer way is perhaps more work, but it's also more structured
> and one can use all of Scintilla's lexers as examples. Needs more research.

Just a thought: it would have to be able to respect the user's color
scheme.  So either read it, or tell Geany which styles it has to set.

Providing a new lexer and a new set of styles sounds better to me just
now, but I didn't think too much on it.

Regards,
Colomban