[Geany-Devel] Integrate ESLint into Geany

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Aug 11 05:13:51 UTC 2016

Am 11.08.2016 um 00:34 schrieb Colomban Wendling:
>>      Also, for the moment you pretty much need to write Geany
>>      plugins in C or C++, although Thomas' Peasy plugin [1] adds support for
>>      several languages (include JS I'd believe), and it's getting closer to
>>      stability.
>>

>> What about Vala?
> Well, Vala requires a description of the C API too, but yes it can work.
>   There is a manually generated VAPI file, but Thomas' work also generate
> a VAPI file automatically.  That could probably be used.

Vala is fine. Peasy itself is written in Vala (at least partly). Peasy
generates a .vapi for Geany's APIs and one for peasy's own APIs (there
are very few of them at the moment). If you don't need peasy's APIs you
can write the plugin such that it doesn't require peasy.

Other language options with peasy are whatever libpeas supports. This
comprises python and lua at the moment. js was dropped by libpeas at
some point. I haven't tested lua yet with peasy though.

I'd like to add ruby in the future but I don't know if I can manage.

>> it's getting closer to stability means that it'll be soon inside Geany
>> trunk??
> It's a plugin for Geany that adds support for extra plugins (it's
> actually a proxy for other plugins in other languages).  I don't know
> when he'll consider it stable, but he certainly can answer.  I think he
> considers it beta or close to that -- i.e. working, but would require
> wider testing.

Peasy is quite stable at this point and runs against Geany 1.28 without
patches by now. I'm in the process of polishing the shipped plugins
before I declare it stable.

Best regards.