[Geany-Devel] Hello!

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at xxxxx
Wed Sep 23 17:21:36 UTC 2015

Welcome (although I am not an active developer of Geany)!

Every once in a while I try to make this pitch:

I would like to get a folder / lexer written for scintilla for a variant of
the TWiki markup language.  Scintilla is the editor component (iiuc) used by
Geany, and is also used by several other open source editors and maybe even
word processors, so something like this would be applicable to more than just
Geany.

Folder / lexers for scinitilla can be written in C/C++, LUA (a language used
by scintilla, or, I think there is a third way.

I would consider the C/C++ approach to be the native (most native??) approach
and presumably result in the fastest lexer / folder.

My problem is (I'm old and) I just can't wrap my head around C / C++.  Perhaps
we could collaborate to some extent, and, maybe, in the process, I would learn
enough C / C++ to carry on to completion after a reasonable start in the right
direction.

If you're interested, let me know.  I'm thinking of doing any collaboration off
list so as not to create unwanted traffic on this list, but perhaps some would
like to follow anything we do, and even offer additional help.

Thanks for reading!
Randy Kramer