[Geany-Devel] pull request on GitHub, to add GeanyHighlightSelectedWords, into Geany Plugins

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Fri May 29 07:03:01 UTC 2015

Am 29.05.2015 um 00:10 schrieb marius buzea:
> Hello,
>
> I had a look at
>
>    https://github.com/sblatnick/geany-plugins/blob/master/quick-search/src/quick-search.c.
>
> This plugin does something similar to GeanyHighlightSelectedWord.
>
> The quick-search.c calls Geany's search_find_text several times in one
> processing, and each time a regex would be recompiled in search_find_text.
> This is, I guess, a small cost when the regex is just a string.
>
> GeanyHighlightSelectedWord implements search using KMP.
>
> Designs differ, but functionality is alike.  I would keep both this plugins,
> and not try to merge them.

Can you describe this KMP algorithm, and why it should be superior?

Anyway, the existing plugin (automark) should look into adopting it (if
it is indeed an improvment) instead of having multiple plugins with the
same functionality.

PS: I also agree with providing it by the core.

Best regards