[Geany-Devel] pull request on GitHub, to add GeanyHighlightSelectedWords, into Geany Plugins

marius buzea magnetudinbuda at xxxxx
Thu May 28 21:03:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have read the source code of automark [ https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/blob/master/automark/src/automark.c ].
Functionally, automark and GeanyHighlightSelectedWord are alike, I think.    There are differences between automark
and HighlighSelectedWord.

Automark is concise: it uses the SCI_FINDTEXT messages to scintilla for finding occurrences of selected text.
Automark uses a timeout callback for matching text.

GeanyHighlightSelectedText is more 'low-level':  it does not use scintilla's SCI_FINDTEXT functionality, instead it
uses the KMP algorithm to find all occurrences of selected text in visible text.      GeanyHighlightSelectedText does
not use timeout callback for matching text.

While the functionality may be the same, there were different decisions in the design of these two plugins.     Let's
have both automark and GeanyHighlightSelectedText included in Geany Plugins.

If it is okay, I would continue with build system integration, and internationalization for GeanyHighlightSelectedWord.
This would be something I would code, and test locally, and when done I would return to ask for support on how to
do the git pull request step.

Have a great day,
Marius Ioan Buzea