[Geany-Devel] Windows installer snapshots with GTK 2.24

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 28 09:53:02 UTC 2015

Hi Jiří,

>> I've built new Windows installers from current GIT master.
>>
>> [..]
>>

>> Any feedback is welcome.
>>

> Hi Enrico,
>
> seems to be working fine here.
>
> One idea: wouldn't it be good to package the grep binary to the installer
> (and if possible somehow set the preferences to the location where it was
> installed) so find in files works out of the box? Right now the message you
> get when trying to use find in files is:

great idea!
Will be included in the next installer, it's just 79kB.
Luckily, and if I don't miss anything, we don't need to set any paths
because the default path for grep is just "grep" and when grep.exe is in
the bin/ directory next to Geany.exe, it should work out of the box.

>  search_find_in_files: spawn_with_callbacks() failed: CreateProcess()
> failed: The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> which isn't the most user-friendly message and I guess many people will
> interpret it as "find in files doesn't work on Windows".

True. I guess we can improve the error message but maybe better after
1.25 to not bother the translators too much by breaking the string
freeze :).