[Geany-Devel] f403e7e (PR#188) - Maintain edit history on document reload

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jun 25 01:00:01 UTC 2015

On 25 June 2015 at 10:51, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 2015-06-24 05:47 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> I wonder if there's a more simple way to reduce confusion and increase
>>> visibility other than an annoying dialog or document message. Maybe as a
>>> separate action with a different name in the edit menu?
>>

>> Menu, what menu? I use the toolbar button.  Changing the name won't help
>> here.
>>

> Then maybe just having it keep the tab label red and asterisk in the window
> title is enough. I think those would've been enough of a clue for me to
> figure out I could undo.

Hmmmm, I didn't notice before that the changed indication went away.

Interesting question, if the buffer has the same content as the file
(and we know that because we just reloaded it) but it has an undo
history, is it changed or not?  I dunno.

Also I missed your previous suggestion to move reload to the edit
menu, agree with that, though I am not sure about changing the name.