[Geany-Devel] Spawn module API

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jun 23 16:04:32 UTC 2015

On 23.6.2015 г. 02:25, Matthew Brush wrote:

> [...]

One thing I forgot: the plugin API currently exports
utils_spawn_[a]sync, and a few plugins use utils_spawn_sync. These
functions were (partially correct) wrappers around the old glib/win32
spawn, and are now wrappers around spawn_[a]sync. Someday, in the
distant future, they should be obsoleted...

 > I get what you're saying but I also
 > feel uneasy about blanket exporting of APIs with no current users of it,
 > so we don't know exactly what really needs to be exported.

Well, with nothing from spawn exported, we can be pretty sure that all
plugins _will_ be using utils_spawn and g_spawn instead. :)

 > We should make Colomban decide :)

The leading developers should decide - including you.

--
E-gards: Jimmy