[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 15:49:45 UTC 2015

Am 14.06.2015 um 17:44 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On 14/06/15 17:16, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>>> We do this already don't we (except for the renamed text files)?

>>> Good to know :) The wiki doesn't mention this. The waf configure line
>>> on the wiki has no prefix at all
>>
>> Okay, I managed to create an installer for a Geany GTK3 build. \o/
> Woohoo!
> Great.
>

>> Some additional observerations:
> [...]
>
>> - the installer wrongly reports that it ships GTK 2.24
> Did you update geany.nsi?

Nope

>> - the installer geany lacks some icons
> Which? Why?

Most icons are missing actually, such as open, save on the toolbar.

>> - the installer geany runs slow because gtk/glib spam a console window
> During installation or when running Geany after installation?
> Did you start Geany with -v from the CLI?

When running, I launched it via the Windows explorer (double click
geany.exe). This and the lacking icons don't happen when running the
make install'd geany.

BTW: Another observation I missed to mention: On autotools our .dll is
libgeany.dll not geany.dll

Best regards